Wild Dog Coffee Company, a locally owned company with a single coffee shop location, serves a wide selection of espresso products, small breakfast and lunch menu items, and a limited evening menu. The company is planning to expand the business by adding an additional location. While different menu items may be tested at the new location, the espresso beverage preparation process will remain exactly the same. You and your business partners need to make a decision about the supply chain before the move. The following information may help support your analysis for Wild Dog Coffee Company:
· You have one espresso maker that brews the espresso and froths the milk at each location.
· Each espresso beverage requires 1.5 minutes of the barista’s time.
· Each espresso beverage requires some combination of espresso beans, milk, and flavoring.
· Each espresso beverage is served in a paper cup with a lid and sleeve.
· Monthly cleaning and maintenance of the espresso maker is outsourced to a services company.
· You stock one type of espresso bean. If you run out of inventory, you have to close the business until the next shipment of beans arrives.
· Espresso beans are received seven (7) days after placing the order.
Create a PowerPoint presentation of your supply chain management plan, which you will present to your business partners. Include the following:
· Analyze supply chain designs.
o Your analysis should detail two different supply chain scenarios for either Wild Dog Coffee Company or your selected business.
o Use a flow chart to indicate all inputs and outputs for each supply chain and to clearly indicate areas in the supply chain designs that are different.
· Analyze the points at which the supply chains intersect with logistics. What role does logistics play in each supply chain design?
· Assess bottlenecks in the supply chain designs. How would you overcome each bottleneck in the two supply chain designs?
· Analyze how supply chains and logistics create value for the selected business. Why is it important for Wild Dog Coffee Company or your selected business to focus on supply chains?
· Recommend a supply chain design for the selected business.
o Include your rationale for the most appropriate supply chain for Wild Dog Coffee Company or your selected business.
o Be sure to include any assumptions you had to make to develop the supply chain designs that support your recommendations.
Is this the question you were looking for? If so, place your order here to get started!